Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back from a Much-Needed Vacation

Hi everyone,

Yes, I quit blogging for a little over three months. I desperately needed the break. Those of you who are in the American Anthropological Association, or who follow its gyrating tempests in academic teapots, might know that the past year has been fraught with controversy. I was involved in lots of those discussions last year and by the time I got back from the AAA meetings in December, I was completely burned out on culture, war, torture.... I couldn't even stomach the thought of opening this blog page. So I decided to drop it for a while.

However, I'm happy to say that the burnout seems to be dissipating, so I'll be throwing more ideas up on this page - hopefully on a weekly basis.

Thanks for your patience!

Laura

No comments: